Congratulations--your hard work has paid off and it is now time to celebrate! Below
you will find more information about Jefferson's Commencement Ceremony.
Your official credentials will not be handed out at the ceremony, but will be given
to you at a later date.
If you live in Jefferson County, Anchorage, Buckner, Clarksville, Crestwood, Goshen,
Jeffersonville, LaGrange, Louisville, Mount Washington, New Albany, Pewee Valley,
Prospect and Shepherdsville, you will need to pick up your credentials from the Records
Office on the Downtown Campus. The Record's Office will notify you when your credential
Residents of all other counties will have their credentials mailed to them to the
address used on their graduation application. If you move, make sure to contact the
Record's Office to update your address.
If you move, make sure to contact the Records Office to update your address.
Jefferson’s 2019 commencement ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 14 at the Kentucky
International Convention Center, 221 S 4th St, Louisville, KY 40202. Eligible participants will receive communications from the college regarding the
ceremony in the months ahead.
General Education Ceremony
Technical Education Ceremony
Cap and Gown:
- You may purchase your cap and gown and honor cords for distinction and high distinction
from any of the colleges bookstores up until the day of graduation.
- Please contact the College's Bookstore for more information.
- All items usually arrive the first week of April each year.
- SPRING 2019:
- The last day to submit a graduation application for the Spring 2019 term is March
- Spring graduates will be awarded at around the end of May and
- Spring credentials be available in mid-July.
- SUMMER 2019:
- The last day to submit a graduation application for the Summer 2019 term is June 28.
- Summer graduates will be awarded at end of August and Summer credentials be available
- FALL 2019:
- The last day to submit an application for Fall 2019 graduation is October 11.
- Fall graduates will be officially awarded around the end of December/early January.
- Credentials will be available at the beginning of March.
Applying for Graduation:
What happens after I apply?
- Once your application is received, the Records Office staff will review all documentation.
You will be notified by mail if there are any issues with the status of your graduation.
Graduation applications are finalized after grades are posted at the end of the semester.
- Some students will receive notification that their credential is ready for pick up.
For others, their credentials will be mailed within 10-12 weeks from the end of the
semester. Make sure your home address is up to date.
- If you must change your address, send an e-mail from your KCTCS email account to JF-Records-Office@kctcs.edu indicating that you need to update your address for graduation and provide your new
mailing address for graduation.