Congratulations--your hard work has paid off and it is now time to celebrate! Below you will find more information about Jefferson's Walk-Through Graduation Celebration for Degree/Diploma Graduates for Academic Year 2019-2020 and Summer 2020.
Your official credentials will not be handed out at the ceremony, but will be given to you at a later date.
If you live in Jefferson County, Anchorage, Buckner, Clarksville, Crestwood, Goshen, Jeffersonville, LaGrange, Louisville, Mount Washington, New Albany, Pewee Valley, Prospect and Shepherdsville, you will need to pick up your credentials from the Records Office on the Downtown Campus. The Record's Office will notify you when your credential is available.
Residents of all other counties will have their credentials mailed to them to the address used on their graduation application. If you move, make sure to contact the Record's Office to update your address.
If you move, make sure to contact the Records Office to update your address.
In the best interest of safety and the well-being of our College community, we have decided to cancel our traditional commencement ceremony that was rescheduled for Tuesday, October 27.
In lieu of a traditional ceremony, Jefferson will hold a socially distant Walk-Through Graduation Celebration on October 27 in the Southwest Campus Auditorium (located at 1000 Community College Drive, Louisville KY, 40272). You will have the opportunity to receive a diploma cover, take a professional picture with Jefferson President Ty Handy, pick up your credential if available and receive a Grad Swag Bag! Feel free to bring a few family members to celebrate with you! MASKS REQUIRED!!
Degree/Diploma Graduates for Academic Year 2019-2020 and Summer 2020 have been invited via email for this event!
Cap and Gown:
- You may purchase your cap and gown and honor cords for distinction and high distinction from any of the colleges bookstores up until the day of graduation.
- Please contact the College's Bookstore for more information.
- SPRING 2021:
The last day to submit a graduation application for the Spring 2021 term is March 12.
Spring graduates will be awarded at around the end of May and
Spring credentials be available in mid-July.
- SUMMER 2021:
The last day to submit a graduation application for the Summer 2021 term is June 28.
Summer graduates will be awarded at end of August and Summer credentials be available in mid-October.
- FALL 2021:
The last day to submit an application for Fall 2021 graduation is October 15.
Fall graduates will be officially awarded around the end of December/early January.
Credentials will be available at the beginning of March.
Applying for Graduation:
- The first step for graduating is to fill out a graduation application.
- If you are unsure what degree/certificate/diploma you are applying for you should contact your advisor or the Advising Center on your campus.
What happens after I apply?
- Once your application is received, the Records Office staff will review all documentation. You will be notified by mail if there are any issues with the status of your graduation. Graduation applications are finalized after grades are posted at the end of the semester.
- Some students will receive notification that their credential is ready for pick up.
For others, their credentials will be mailed within 10-12 weeks from the end of the
semester. Make sure your home address is up to date.
- If you must change your address, send an e-mail from your KCTCS email account to JF-Records-Office@kctcs.edu indicating that you need to update your address for graduation and provide your new mailing address for graduation.