Congratulations--your hard work has paid off and it is now time to celebrate! Below you will find more information about Jefferson's Commencement Ceremony.
Your official credentials will not be handed out at the ceremony, but will be given to you at a later date.
If you live in Jefferson County, Anchorage, Buckner, Clarksville, Crestwood, Goshen, Jeffersonville, LaGrange, Louisville, Mt. Washington, New Albany, Pewee Valley, Prospect and Shepherdsville, you will need to pick up your credentials from the Records Office on the Downtown Campus. The Record's Office will notify you when your credential is available.
Residents of all other counties will have their credentials mailed to them to the address used on their graduation application. If you move, make sure to contact the Record's Office to update your address.
If you move, make sure to contact the Record's Office to update your address.
May 2018 Ceremony:
This year’s graduation ceremony will be held May 8, 2018 at Northeast Christian Church. This ceremony will celebrate our graduates from Summer and Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. Details about tickets and timing will be sent to your student email account so watch for more details soon!
Cap and Gown:
- You may purchase your cap and gown and honor cords for distinction and high distinction from any of the colleges bookstores up until the day of graduation.
- Please contact the College's Bookstore for more information.
- All items usually arrive the first week of April each year.
2018 Graduation Deadlines:
- SPRING 2018:
- The last day to submit a graduation application for the Spring 2018 term is February 9.
- Spring graduates will be awarded at around the end of May and Spring credentials be available in mid-July.
- SUMMER 2018:
- The last day to submit a graduation application for the Summer 2018 term is June 8.
- Summer graduates will be awarded at end of August and Summer credentials be available in mid-October.
- FALL 2018:
- The last day to submit an application for Fall 2018 graduation is September 7.
- Fall graduates will be officially awarded around the end of December/early January.
- Credentials will be available at the beginning of March.
Applying for Graduation:
- The first step for graduating is to fill out an application.
- If you are unsure what degree/certificate/diploma you are applying for you should contact your advisor or the Advising Center on your campus.
What happens after I apply?
- Once your application is received, the Records Office staff will review all documentation. You will be notified by mail if there are any issues with the status of your graduation. Graduation applications are finalized after grades are posted at the end of the semester.
- Some students will receive notification that their credential is ready for pick up. For others, their credentials will be mailed within 10-12 weeks from the end of the semester. Make sure your home address is up to date. If you must change your address, send an e-mail from your KCTCS email account to JF-Records-Office@kctcs.edu indicating that you need to update your address for graduation and provide your new mailing address for graduation.