How Classes Transfer | JCTC

How Classes Transfer

A top priority for the Transfer Center is to provide program plans that will help you choose the classes that will complete the Associate's Degree AND the first two years of your Bachelor's degree. Our goal is that you never take an unneeded or incorrect class.

How do I know if my credits transfer?

  • Look on the Transfer Equivalency System on the College/University website.
    • This will allow you to see how Jefferson courses transfer to their specific institution.
    • If the college does not not have a Transfer Equivalency System available, you can contact their Transfer and/or Admission Office for information.
  • For students Transferring to Jefferson from another college/university can go to our Transfer Equivalency website to see how your classes will transfer to Jefferson.
  • Talk to a Transfer Advisor at Jefferson

Knowhow2Transfer transfer guide:

  • Use the KnowHow2Transfer transfer guide to see outline of specific Jefferson courses to take for that College/University

Contact the Transfer Center at the university to which you will transfer.

By clicking on the links below, you will be leaving the Jefferson Community and Technical College web site. We are not responsible for the information on their web site. These links will open in a new window.

Check out the Transfer Agreements that KCTCS has with many of the colleges and universities in Kentucky.

Good to know:

  • State law in Kentucky says:
    • General Education Transfer Policy (64K PDF) guarantees that if a student completes an associate (AA or AS) degree at a KCTCS college, any Kentucky public university will accept their general education credits as meeting lower-division general education requirements if their KCTCS transcript is certified.
    • Applied Associate Transfer Agreement guarantees that the general education courses students take as part of an applied associate in science (AAS) degree program will transfer and count toward the lower-division general education requirements at the school to which they transfer. This means that if you complete all of your general education courses or an Associate's degree in a KCTCS college that all Kentucky public universities must take those classes as your general education courses for your Bachelor's degree.

Additional Resources: