Returning-Student | JCTC

I m a Returning student how do I notify the VA Office that I m Enrolled?

To receive VA Educational Benefits at this College you MUST fill out and sign a "(VEBEF) Veterans Educational Benefits Enrollment" form each semester with our campus Veterans Affairs Office once you ve officially registered for your courses.

Course Work:

As a VA recipient you CANNOT receive payment for any of the following situations:

  • Take a course/class that does not apply toward your degree objective.
  • Take a course/class for personal enrichment.
  • Repeat any course/class you ve already successfully passed.
  • Audit a course/class.
  • Take any "Learn Anytime" courses. This program is NOT approved for VA Educational benefits.
  • Take any EES "KYAE" courses.
  • Repeat a course you have a "I" Incomplete grade for.

Can I change my Program/Degree objective?

  • YES, but you MUST update your Program Plan with the institution and contact the VA Office.
  • VA Form are available in the Veterans Affairs Office.

Can I pursue more than one program at the same time?

  • NO, As a VA recipient you CANNOT pursue more than one program at the same time.


  • ALL withdrawals/adjustments in your class/course schedule MUST be reported to the Office of Veterans Affairs, because it can affect your pay rate.

My VA Chapter has to complete a monthly verification:

  • VA Chapters 30 and 1606 are required to call in or complete an online verification monthly before allowances are released.
  • Effective April 1, 2008 Chapter 1607 will be required to participate in the online monthly verification process.
  • Verification by telephone is: (877) 823-2378 IVR Interactive Voice Response then follow the prompts.
  • Web verification: WAVE Web Automated Verification of Enrollment, look for WAVE information.

Kentucky National Guard Member:

  • Tuition Assistance is available by completing the online process.
  • Deadlines are: 1 April for Summer and Fall semesters and 1 October for Spring semester.
  • If you miss the deadlines you are locked out of the application system. Please contact your Readiness NCO at Unit level.
  • Boone National Guard Center will load this info for ALL institutions in the State and our VA office with load this award information for the Cashiers Office and the institutions system to hold your classes.
  • Changes in location of training cannot be made by the VA office on campus, the Guards member MUST contact Boone National Guard Center at: (502) 607-1309.
  • Federal Tuition Assistance Kentucky National Guard

Active Duty Military Withdraw Process

VA Mailing Addresses:

Department of Veterans Affairs
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO. 63166-6830

Department of Veterans Affairs
Regional Office
321 W. Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202

Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Voc-Rehab Office
Mail Point (28)
321 W. Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202

Change of Address and Direct Deposit:

  • Address and direct deposit information MUST be kept current.
  • Students can call the direct deposit center at (877) 832-2778 to begin or change direct deposit or call (888) 442-4551 for assistance.

Direct Deposit:

The following information is needed to begin or change direct deposit:

  • Account Number
  • 9 Digit bank routing number
  • Type of account (checking or saving)