Congratulations!! You did it! We are so excited to celebrate your accomplishment! Your hard work has paid off and now it's time to celebrate. Below you will find more information about Jefferson's Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremony.
Your official credentials will not be handed out at the ceremony, but will be given to you at a later date.
If you live in Jefferson County, Anchorage, Buckner, Clarksville, Crestwood, Goshen, Jeffersonville, LaGrange, Louisville, Mount Washington, New Albany, Pewee Valley, Prospect and Shepherdsville, you will need to pick up your credentials from the Records Office on the Downtown Campus. The Record's Office will notify you when your credential is available.
Residents of all other counties will have their credentials mailed to them to the address used on their graduation application.
If you move, make sure to contact the Records Office to update your address.
All students who earned a diploma or AA/AS/AAS during Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023 are eligible.
WHEN: Monday, May 15
General Education Ceremony, 5:30 p.m.
Technical Education Ceremony, 8 p.m.
WHERE: Kentucky International Convention Center
221 South 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Graduates will receive a notification in their KCTCS .edu email in March to RSVP for the event
Which ceremony do I attend? Find your program from the list below.
Administrative Office Technology
Air Conditioning Technology (HVAC)
Applied Process Technology
Associate Degree Nursing
Aviation Maintenance Technology
Communication Arts Technology
Computer & Information Technologies
Computerized Manufacturing & Machining
Construction Technology (Carpentry)
Engineering & Electronics Technology
Fire & Rescue Technology
General Occupational/Technical Studies
Health Information Technology
Health Science Technology
Insurance & Risk Management
Medicaid Nurse Aide
Medical Coding and Reimbursement
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assisting
Unmanned Systems Technology
African American Studies
Associate in Arts
Associate in Science
English as a Second Language
Freshman Year Experience
Geology, Geography, & Sustainability
History & Political Science
Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
Women & Gender Studies
Cap and Gown:
- You may pick up your regalia at the Jefferson Bookstore on the Downtown and Southwest campuses or order online at JCTC.ME/Regalia
- Please contact the College's Bookstore for additional information.
- SPRING 2023:
The last day to submit a graduation application for the Spring 2023 term is March 17.
Spring graduates will be awarded at around the end of May and
Spring credentials be available in mid-July.
- SUMMER 2023:
The last day to submit a graduation application for the Summer 2023 term is July 7.
Summer graduates will be awarded at end of August and Summer credentials be available in mid-October.
- FALL 2022:
The last day to submit an application for Fall 2022 graduation is October 14.
Fall graduates will be officially awarded around the end of December/early January.
Credentials will be available at the beginning of March.
Applying for Graduation:
- The first step for graduating is to fill out a graduation application.
- If you are unsure what degree/certificate/diploma you are applying for you should contact your advisor or the Advising Center on your campus.
What happens after I apply?
- Once your application is received, the Records Office staff will review all documentation. You will be notified by mail if there are any issues with the status of your graduation. Graduation applications are finalized after grades are posted at the end of the semester.
- Some students will receive notification that their credential is ready for pick up.
For others, their credentials will be mailed within 10-12 weeks from the end of the
semester. Make sure your home address is up to date.
- If you must change your address, send an e-mail from your KCTCS email account to JF-Records-Office@kctcs.edu indicating that you need to update your address for graduation and provide your new mailing address for graduation.