Accommodation Letters Process
Once the student is certified by the ARC as being eligible for classroom accommodations, accommodation letters are prepared by the ARC.
The following is an outline of the accommodation letter process:
- Accommodation letters are prepared by the Access*Ability Resource Center (ARC).
- Letters are e-mailed to Professors at the beginning of each semester. The Student receives a copy of this e-mail with the accommodation letter attached.
- Once the student has received this e-mail with the accommodation letter attached,
the student is encouraged to check with the Professor to assure he/she has, also,
received the e-mail.
- The student can inquire if the Professor has any questions about the accommodations when following up about the accommodation letter.
- Checking with the Professor about receipt of the accommodation letter is not a pre-requisite to receiving the accommodations.
- If the student has any difficulty obtaining the accommodations outlined in the letter,
the student should contact an ARC Coordinator.
- LaShante Thomas at (502) 213-2449
- Summer Musanje at (502) 213-7120
- Alexandria Goode at (502) 213-4101
- If the student does not contact the ARC, we will not know that you need assistance.
- Completing the Student Request for ARC Services form is the first step in the accommodation letter process.