Accommodation Letters Process
Once the student is certified by the ARC as being eligible for classroom accommodations, accommodation letters are prepared by the ARC.
The following is an outline of the accommodation letter process:
- Accommodation letters are prepared by the Access*Ability Resource Center (ARC).
- Letters are e-mailed to Professors at the beginning of each semester. The Student receives a copy of this e-mail with the accommodation letter attached.
- Once the student has received this e-mail with the accommodation letter attached,
the student should check with the Professor to assure he/she has, also, received the
- The student can inquire if the Professor has any questions about the accommodations when following up about the accommodation letter.
- If the student has any difficulty obtaining the accommodations outlined in the letter,
the student should contact the ARC Resource Manager.
- Terri Martin at 502.213.2449
- Nancy Birkla at 502.213.7120
- If the student does not contact the ARC about any difficulty obtaining accommodations, the assumption will be that accommodations are being provided as needed.
Contact the Access*Ability Resource Center (ARC) to arrange an appointment to meet with a resource manager to discuss accommodations. Meeting with the Disability Resource Manager is the first step in the accommodation process.
- CALL 502-213-2375