Financial Aid (Bookstore) Release
You Must decide, NOW!
The Jefferson Student’s Guide to the Financial Aid Bookstore Release Form
What is it?
- ALL STUDENTS will find a task in their Self-Service called “Financial Aid (Bookstore) Release.” To make sure your financial aid funds are used appropriately according to federal regulations, you must complete this form by clicking “ACCEPT” or “DECLINE.”
- Forms Completed Before October 1 are not valid.
What Happens If I Don’t Complete the Task?
- Your financial aid (scholarships, KEES, Pell, CAP, SEOG, and/or loans) WILL NOT DISBURSE until the task is completed.
- Your balance WILL NOT be paid.
- You CANNOT receive a refund even if you’re eligible for one.
- You CANNOT charge against your financial aid in the bookstore.
What Happens If I “ACCEPT”?
- Financial aid will pay ANY balance on your account.
- If there is money left over after your balance is paid in full, you WILL receive a refund.
- You CAN charge against your financial aid in the bookstore.
- You CAN use aid to pay a prior balance of up to $200.
What Happens If I “DECLINE”?
- Financial aid CANNOT be used to automatically pay for any courses that are not eligible. Courses that are not eligible are those not needed to complete your program of study.
- If you have aid left over after eligible courses are paid for, you will receive a refund. However, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for paying any remaining balance.
- You CANNOT charge books against your financial aid in the bookstore.
- You CANNOT use aid to pay a prior balance.
How Do I Do This?
- Then, go to My Path, click “…” and make your selection.
- It only takes a couple of minutes!