FSA ID Information
How to create a FSA ID
The FSA ID, a username and password has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN (effective May 2015) and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education website. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents.
If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to www.fafsa.gov, the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at www.nslds.ed.gov , www.StudentLoans.gov and www.StudentAid.gov.
- Step 1 – When logging in to one of the websites listed above, click the link to create an FSA ID.
- Step 2 – Create a username and password, and enter your e-mail address.
- Step 3 – Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
- Step 4 – Review your information, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Step 5 – Confirm your email address using the secure code, which will be sent to the e-mail address you entered when you created your FSA ID. Once you verify your e-mail address, you can use it instead of your username to log in to the websites.
You can use your FSA ID to sign a FAFSA right away. Once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, you will be able to use your FSA ID to access the websites listed above.
For help, visit www.StudentAid.gov/fsaid