FSA ID Information
How to create aN FSA ID
The Federal Student Aid Identification (FSA ID) is a username and password that is used to log into U.S. Department of Education online services. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents.
- Step 1 – When accessing the Student Aid website, click on Create an Account to create an FSA ID.
- Step 2 – Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
- Step 3 – Create a username and password, and enter your e-mail address.
- Step 4 – Confirm your email address using the secure code, which will be sent to the e-mail address you entered when you created your FSA ID. Once you verify your e-mail address, you can use it instead of your username to log in to the website.
- Step 5 – Review your information, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
You can use your FSA ID to sign a FAFSA right away. However, once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, you will be able to use your FSA ID to access other U.S. Department of Education online services.
For help, visit Federal Student Aid Help Center