Most awards listed on your award notification letter or your financial aid awards page are based upon full-time enrollment (12 credit hours or more) eligibility. Awards will be adjusted to match eligibility based on enrollment level after the Census date of each semester if you do not attend full-time.
If you drop a class before that session begins, your financial aid will be adjusted accordingly. Dropping below half-time may result in cancellation of some aid awards. It is strongly recommended that if you drop classes with the intention to add others, that you drop and add classes on the same day. If you have been awarded the Pell Grant, it cannot be increased if you add a class after the Financial Aid census date. You will be responsible for repaying any funds you are not eligible to receive as a result of a change with enrolled hours or in your financial aid data.
If our office makes any changes to your financial aid, an email notice will be sent to your KCTCS email account directing you to review your revised financial aid through Student Self-Service.
If you are receiving educational assistance from another source, this information must be reported to our Financial Aid office. You may indicate the source and amounts on the back of your award letter Report Other Assistance form or contact our office to directly report your other assistance.
Types of Awards available:
- Federal Work Study (FWS) Award
- KEES (Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship) Award
- Parent Plus Award
- Stafford Load Award
Specific Award Information
You may view your financial aid awards on-line by logging into our PeopleSoft processing system.
- Log into Student Self-Service
- Enter your User ID and Password. Your User ID is the same as your KCTCS e-mail username (example: jsmith0004) and your KCTCS e-mail password*
- From your Student Center page, under the heading Finances , click on the View Financial Aid link.
- Read the Aid Year Description and then select an Aid Year. (2010 for Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Summer 2010)
- For Stafford loan and Federal Work-Study (FWS) processing, you may click on the Accept/Decline Awards button to accept, reduce, or decline your loan offer.
* If you have not activated your student account you may do so at http://kctcs.edu/email
You will need to know your student ID number.
For assistance, please call 855.246.5282 (855.2GO.JCTC) or visit our Student Service Center online.