The Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) is available to graduates of an eligible Kentucky high school that are residents of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The scholarship is made available to eligible students by Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA).
- KEES eligibility requirements can be found on KHEAA.com.
- Students can register their KHEAA account and/or view their awards on KHEAA.com.
- KEES award estimates are based on full-time enrollment (12 credit hours).
- If you are enrolled for 6 to 11 credit hours, your award will be adjusted.
- If you are enrolled for less than 6 credit hours, you are not eligible for KEES.
New High School Graduates
As a new high school graduate, you do not need to request your KEES award. All your high school information has been reported for you by your high school guidance counselor. Once you have been admitted and enrolled, KCTCS will report your enrollment to KHEAA.
As a transfer student coming to Jefferson, you will need to contact the Financial Aid Office and request that your KEES eligibility be reviewed. The GPA from your last college must be submitted to KHEAA by that college.
Renewal Criteria for Continuing Students and On Track to Graduate Requirements
To maintain your KEES award, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. In addition to being a degree seeking student and resident of Kentucky, KEES regulations require you to maintain a minimum GPA and to be 'on track' to graduate. Your 'on track' status will be sent to KHEAA along with your cumulative GPA at the end of each spring term.
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA = full KEES award
Students with a 2.50-2.99 GPA must meet the following requirements to remain eligible for KEES
- Completion of two semesters: 30 Jefferson credit hours earned = On Track to Graduate
- Completion of four semesters: 48 Jefferson hours earned = On Track to Graduate
- Completion of four semesters: 36-47 Jefferson hours earned = Not On Track to Graduate but can keep 50% KEES if attended full-time the previous academic year
- Completion of six semesters: 84 Jefferson hours = On Track to Graduate
- Completion of more than six semesters: Not On Track to Graduate
Reinstating Your KEES Award
If you have previously lost your KEES award due to a low GPA and you attended Jefferson during your KEES suspension, please complete the “KEES Reinstatement Form” and submit it to the Financial Aid Office to have your GPA reported manually to KHEAA.
Home School Students and GED Students
If eligible, home school and GED students must be reported manually to KHEAA to receive an ACT Supplemental Bonus. Please complete the “KEES- Non Certified or GED Form” and submit to the Financial Aid Office with your high school/GED diploma (with graduation date) and your ACT/SAT score report.
KEES will expire five years after high school graduation or after eight semesters of use, whichever comes first.
If you believe you have remaining KEES eligibility but KEES is not listed on your award notification, please contact the Jefferson Financial Aid Office.
For assistance, please call 855.246.5282 (855.2GO.JCTC) or visit our Student Service Center online.